Wednesday, June 05, 2002

 

Happy Birthday to Me



Huzzah! It's my birthday, and the birthday of this site. Convenient.

As I get older, birthdays become less and less important or even relevant. As a child, it was nice having the B-day six months removed from Christmas, thus ensuring a semi-annual influx of presents or cash, but the major drawback of having it in June was the fact that I never once celebrated a birthday at school. Houston being a hot and humid place, schools always dismissed around Memorial Day. . I never got my free cafeteria cookie. The birthday parties weren't great, either.

OK, that last one may have had more to do with my general nerd-itude than the date.

At any rate, I'm a year older today. Huzzah.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?