Thursday, August 29, 2002

 

Frustration


Mathematical Methods class was supposedly switched (for today only) by the TAs to this afternoon. Not a huge problem ... I get to avoid the early-morning rush hour traffic and sleep in a bit ... though I would appreciate more than two days notice and possibly a class vote before doing any such move. See, they were switching times with the Fluid Transport class, which I (and three others in the class) are not in, already having credit for them.

So anyway, I have to pick up Dad from the airport at 12:30, take him back home, eat lunch, then get ready to go back up to U of H. Figuring I might be able to get some reading done if I get there early, I leave at about 2:45 and get there around 3:30. After awhile, three other guys show up and we start yakkin' about the diagnostic test we had to take and the poor quality of desks in the Engineering Building. Four o'clock comes and goes, and we realize we're still the only people in the room, until this other guy comes along and mumbles something to himself about "oh yeah, it was cancelled." I drove up all the way to UH, dealt with parking, and sat on my ass for an hour for nothing. The TAs cancelled the class for the day after having switched it earlier.

Needless to say, I was a bit pissy. At least the other guys had earlier classes they were going to be there for, anyway. The TAs are just lucky it wasn't 8:30AM. Shit would have hit the proverbial fan.

Ugh!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?